Thursday, February 23, 2012

Super Easy Chocolate-Almond Clusters

I've been trying to eat healthier foods lately.  Now that I have renewed my membership at Costco where you pretty much have to buy everything in bulk, I'm also having to think ahead for my meal planning so we can wisely use everything we buy. The other day I was browsing around and stumbled upon their giant tub of almonds for $9 something. Almonds make for a healthy snack, but I honestly did not see myself eating that many almonds.  Pretty boring snack, if you ask me.  Unless...

I remembered that I had a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips at home that I hadn't needed to open when I baked cookies last week.  That's when the simplest, yummiest idea came to me.  You know those tubs of chocolate-covered almonds that always cost more money than you want to spend?  I figured that I could make my own at home for so much cheaper.

So I did.

It was so simple, and half healthy. ;)  I just melted one bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave, mixed it with 8 ounces of almonds, and voila!





When I was done, I spread them on a greased cookie sheet and left them for a couple of hours so the chocolate could dry.  And the best part... licking the bowl, of course...
:)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment