Friday, January 20, 2012

Sweet Dream Room


We've lived in our current home for about 7 months now.  This space is about 700 square feet larger than the apartment we moved from, and considering we'd only lived here for 11 days when our son was born, it goes without saying that it took me a while to get the place organized and decorated.  Some rooms are still a work in progress. 
Lately, I've been hopelessly addicted to Pinterest.  My "Home" board is filled with pictures of wonderful ideas, most of which I can't afford, but still, it's nice to dream.
I've had a lot of fun the past few months decorating our master bedroom.  It is a fairly large room with these nice French doors that hardly serve a purpose, but are at least pretty to look at.  I decided to paint it a dark golden yellowish color (Behr's "Warm Muffin"), which was a bold choice for me.  I usually like to play it safe with neutral colors, earthy greens, or blues. My inspiration for the colors came from this picture:

I still really love this bedroom.  It is a lot more "country" than our room ended up being.  My original intention was to recreate this room as identically as I could, but slowly my creation drifted in its own direction, which ended up being ok with me. My yellow ended up being a warmer tone, and my red accents are less of a rust red and more maroon.  I'd like to say that I'm done decorating our room, but I have a feeling that as long as there are stores selling cool things it will continuously be evolving. 
Here are some pictures of the sort-of-finished product:







We got a new king size Tempurpedic bed, which I highly recommend.  The pros: You can jump up and down on it and your wine glass will not tip over.  You will never find a more comfortable bed. Con: You will never find a more comfortable bed. This means that whenever you travel you will be sorely disappointed in the bed you will sleep in.  We got our bed frame, end table, dresser, and matching lamps from Costco.  Amazing quality.  Amazing price.  I MUST renew my membership.  Or maybe I'd better not.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment