Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Pilot


I never know how to start.  First, let me say that this blog has been a long time coming.  I had been searching for a way to invest my abilities in a way that is both fun and fulfilling.  I have always been a little intimidated by the blogosphere, mostly because I harbor a deep-seated fear that I will run out of ideas and lose motivation.  To combat this, I have spent the past several weeks developing goals for this blog, as well as plans for how to meet them, and I think I'm ready.

I've started this blog as a way to organize the vast array of cluttered dreams that are floating around in my head.  I truly believe that somewhere deep inside of me is a type of Martha Stewart perfectionism that makes the real me feel inadequate.  As a stay-at-home-mom, I often feel discouraged that I am not able to accomplish all that I want to.  And if I'm being completely honest, it's not just my 7-month-old that keeps me from being productive.  It's also this thing called the internet.  And naps. And television.  And pretty much anything else that doesn't require any effort.  My hope is that by starting this blog I can begin to unleash more of my potential, not only as a mother, but as a wife, an artist, a writer, a cook, a traveler, a photographer... and whatever else I decide I want to conquer.  So I guess you could call this a miscellaneous mommy blog.  I will aim to make my posts inspiring, helpful, and relevant to others who are in the same stage of life that I am.


Now would probably be a good time to mention (or warn) that I'll occasionally (or frequently) post pictures of my little boy, Ethan, because I can't help it.  It's like a sickness.

This is him:
 

He fills my days with so much joy!



I'm excited about embarking on this new adventure.  I have so many ideas swimming around in my head and I can't wait to get them out on paper... or on the screen... whatever.  You may not be interested in all my posts, but perhaps some of them will inspire you the way they have inspired me.  My hope is that what I write will keep you mildly entertained at worst, and addicted at best.
Happy reading.

-Sara




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment